LOUISIANA PRESCRIPTION MONITORING PROGRAM (PMP) STATEWIDE INTEGRATION ANNOUNCEMENT
The Louisiana Board of Pharmacy Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) is implementing a statewide, comprehensive platform for healthcare professionals to review patients' controlled-substance prescription history more quickly and efficiently. The goal is to minimize any workflow disruption by providing near-instant and seamless access to critical controlled-substance prescription history information to both prescribers and pharmacists. This platform utilizes current PMP prescription data and transfers it into electronic health records (EHR) and pharmacy management systems. Statewide integration is a key component of Louisiana’s ongoing efforts to address the opioid crisis. Accessing and viewing the patient’s PMP report obtained through integration complies with Louisiana’s PMP Mandatory Use Law §978.
It is important to note that not all EHR vendors are currently integrated. Your integration process and duration time is dependent upon your EHR vendor.
- Follow the instructions and complete ALL of the following (only authorized decision makers at the healthcare entity should fill out these forms):
- Integration Request Form (located on the right of this page)
- End User License Agreement (emailed to you within 48 hours)
- PMP Gateway Licensee Questionnaire (will open in a new window)
- Upon approval of your completed forms, Appriss Health will provide you with information to begin the integration process.
- If your forms are not properly completed, they will be returned to you for correction and re-submission.
For more detailed information about this important initiative, please review the Louisiana Integration Initiative Welcome Packet.